I have been looking for fresh figs for a long time. We have some great grocery stores in Eau Claire and La Crosse, but no luck on figs. A brand new store opened in Eau Claire called Woodman’s. They had both yellow and purple figs, yay!
This is a really simple recipe that can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert.
- 2 slices of your favorite rustic bread
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped fine
- pinch of salt
- 4 yellow or purple figs sliced
- Toast or grill the bread.
- In a small bowl combine cheese, honey, thyme, and salt. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Spread a nice thick layer on the bread.
- Lay the sliced figs so that they are just overlapping each other.
- Finish with a drizzle of honey.
Tags: Breakfast, Figs, recipe