Oooh..yeah! It’s finally Friday, the last day of July. That’s hard to believe. A few weeks left of summer and it’s time to make the most of it. That means more outdoor grilling and entertaining.
The recipe I’m sharing today would make a great addition to any summer get together. Rosemary roasted garlic smashed red potatoes is the dish. I made this to accompany my sage crusted chicken fried chicken. The kids sure loved them.
These potatoes are all about the bold flavors of the rosemary and roasted garlic. I only used a tiny bit of butter and cream to bring the potatoes together. So they’re sort of healthy
- 15 small-medium sized new potatoes
- 1 sprig of rosemary finely chopped
- 1 head of garlic roasted (see instructions below)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 385 degrees. place a head of garlic in a small roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 35 minutes. Let cool and then squeeze garlic out and reserve.
- Wash potatoes and quarter them. Boil potatoes in a large pot for 14 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and add butter, cream, rosemary, roasted garlic, salt, and pepper. Use a potato masher and mash until your desired consistency. For these I smashed until there were no large chunks left.
Tags: dinner, food, garlic, recipe