This summer appetizer will make you wish that summer would never end. Salty, spicy serrano ham combined with the juicy sweet peaches and topped with a chiffonade of basil. This would be great to take to any summer party you attend. I wrapped mine with fresh mozzarella cheese on the inside. The maple balsamic glaze makes for a great ending to this dish.
- 2 peaches
- 8 slices serrano ham
- 8 small pieces of mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves
- For the glaze
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat
- Quarter peaches. Lay serrano ham out flat. Place peaches one inch from edge of ham. Place cheese where the pit used to be on the peach. Roll ham around the peach. drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill each side for two minutes or until ham just gets crispy on the edges.
- For the glaze combine all ingredients in a sauce pot. Simmer on low for ten minutes stirring constantly. Cool slightly so sauce begins to thicken.
- Place the quartered peaches on a plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Garnish with the chiffonade of basil.
Categorised in: Appetizers